Posted on January 18, 2022

Study in Australia: Important Steps That Every Student Needs To Keep

You will need to apply for a student visa if you plan to Study in Australia for a long period of time. We'll walk you through the application process step by step right here.

You can utilize a tourist visa if you are participating in a short programme, such as a language course, that lasts no more than 12 weeks. You can study for up to 16 weeks if you have a Working Holiday visa. You must apply for a student visa for university education and all extended programmes by completing the steps below:

Apply to an Australian school and obtain a CoE to Study in Australia

You must be enrolled in an Australian school before applying for a student visa to Australia. The school will issue you a CoE, or Confirmation of Enrolment, when you have received an offer letter from them, accepted the offer in writing, and paid their tuition deposit. To start your visa application, you'll need this paperwork. If you plan to enroll in multiple programmes, such as a preparatory language course followed by college studies, you will require one CoE for each programme.

We have a partner who can assist you with your application to any Australian universities for free. Please fill out an information request so that we can assist you!

Create an account with the Australian immigration authorities

For Australian visas, you usually apply online these days. You must first create an account before you can begin your visa application.

Your name, phone number, and e-mail address will be requested. After that, you must create a password and agree to their terms.

Double-check that you have all of the necessary documentation in digital format.

Documents required to apply for a student visa:

  • Your CoE
  • An OSHC health insurance
  • Passport that should ideally be valid for the duration of your stay in Australia, as it will be difficult to switch your passport there while studying on a student visa.
  • Proof of temporary stay: You must verify on your application that you only intend to stay in Australia for a limited time. Attach proof of work, a letter from your home country's school, or other similar documents to back up your claim.

You may require the following documents:

  • Additional ID documents, such as a birth certificate are required.
  • A bank statement
  • Certified grade reports and IELTS test results are examples of proof that you have the knowledge to pass your planned education.
  • Proof of previous employment, such as a contract or pay stubs, is required.
  • Use the Document Checklist tool to receive a more comprehensive document list. Fill up your country and school to acquire a complete list of documents you'll need. You must also select a sponsor; unless you are certain that you fall into one of the other categories, select "None of the above."

If you apply online, you must upload all of your documentation in digital format. As a result, it is preferable if you have access to a scanner when completing the application or if you can scan everything ahead of time. If you don't have all of the documents you need, you can save your application and come back to it later.

Submit your visa application online to study in Australia

You should apply for a subclass 500 student visa. The application must be submitted at least 124 days before the start of your course (according to the date on your CoE). You apply online. Read more and follow the instructions

You fill out your nationality and CoE code on the first page (s). You should also pick an education sector, such as ELICOS for language courses or Higher Education for courses leading to a university diploma. The form contains more information.

Following that, you will be requested to provide personal and family information, as well as answers to questions about your previous education and employment experience, as well as information about your health and criminal history. If you like, you can save the programme and take a break.

Get a TRN number and pay the visa fee.

After you've finished your application, you'll need to pay the application fee, which is now $575 AUD. The simplest method is to pay with a credit card through the internet. More information on the payment can be found here

You will receive a receipt with a TRN-number once the application and payment have been completed (Transaction Reference Number). Make a copy of it so you can track the progress of your application.

Potential health examination and interview

Depending on where you plan to study and live, you may also be required to undergo a health examination and/or a visa interview. If this applies to you, you will receive this information when you complete the application above.

Don't do the health checkup until you've finished the application because you'll need your TRN number and instructions on what to look for. You can discover doctors in your nation who have been approved by Australian Immigration to do this checkup on this page.

Receive your visa approval.

The length of time it takes to receive a visa determination is determined by where you apply and how busy the Australian immigration offices are. Once your application is complete, you should receive a decision within one or two weeks, according to our experience. Log in to the immigration website and input your TNR-number if necessary to check the status of your application. Visit to get started.

When your visa decision is ready, the Australian authorities will usually send you an e-mail notification. Because your visa is electronic, you can print the grant letter you receive online once your visa is accepted if you desire a physical copy.

Take a trip to Australia

You can enter Australia 90 days before the course start date written on your CoE if you have secured your visa. If you have not reserved housing through your school, you must notify them of your address in Australia within seven days of your arrival.

If your course is longer than 10 months, you usually have the right to stay in Australia for 30 days after it concludes, or 60 days if it is longer. All of these deadlines should be listed on your visa, and if they differ from what we've provided here, you should always obey the directions on your visa.